Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Food 911" with Tyler Florence

I made dinner for my family last Monday, and in doing so, I decided that culinary arts are probably not something I want to pursue with.
I made a rosemary and mushroom steak with Pinot Noir wine sauce dinner that I used to make when I enjoyed cooking more. I think my interests have definitely changed since the sixth grade (when I first became interested in culinary arts) though, because I found cooking dinner very tedious and something I probably wouldn’t want to do everyday for a living.
It’s interesting to think about though, because I remember when I used to love watching “Thirty Minute Meals with Rachael Ray,” and now, if I happened to be channel surfing, I wouldn’t give the show a second look. It just seems weird to me how drastically some of my interests have changed since the sixth grade. Now that I think about it, I can’t believe how long it has been since I was in sixth grade! When I think about that year, it seems like it was only two or so years ago that I was a newbie in middle school, but really it’s been about five years! They say that time flies when you’re having fun, but I think it’s also accurate to say that time flies when you’re growing up.

Making dinner used to be something I looked forward to doing. Last week when I made dinner however, I remember regretting that I had told my mom I would make dinner. Here is the web address to the recipe I used in making the steak dinner. It’s a recipe I have used before, and it is by Tyler Florence.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/filet-mignon-with-mushrooms-and-sauce-pinot-noir-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment