Thursday, March 11, 2010

Summer Festivities


As I think about the upcoming tennis season, and this summer I cant help but feel somewhat overwhelmed with everything I’m going to need to deal with, and everything I need to address before school starts up again in the fall. These next few months are going to be very stressful.
Tennis season always makes me stressed out and nervous. I am almost always a competitive person, but sometimes things are just too high strung when it comes to pre-season tennis tournaments, meets, and the annual state tennis tournament. I have been to the state tournament the past two years, once as a spectator, once as a competitor, and something about being surrounded by top notch tennis players like that, always inspires me to play more tennis over the summer, so that I can have a better chance for success the next year.
While I always want to play more tennis over the summer, I always worry that I won’t have enough time to play all the tennis I need to be playing.
I just got a job last spring as a worker for a local ice cream shop. It’s a great part-time high school/summer job, and my boss is great at scheduling around the conflicts that I have. But while all this is true, I always stress about whether or not I’ll be able to play all the tennis I want to, and to do everything else I need to take care of over the summer.
This summer I also have the opportunity to participate in a ninety hour internship. The list of various internships contains hundreds of job opportunities, and the one that most interested me was the physical trainer internship. However, ninety hours seems like a lot of time to give up considering I wouldn’t get paid, and I’m not even sure if I would enjoy something like this. So whether or not I’ll participate in this internship is still to be determined.
My last concern (for now…) is looking at colleges this summer. I don’t want to procrastinate my first college visit for next school year. I want to have a good idea of where I want to go to college at the beginning of my senior year of high school. In order to have an idea of where I want to go though, I need to start looking no later this summer.
With everything that’s been on my mind lately, I think it’s pretty understandable that these next few months could be very stressful.


**The sailboat picture from above can be found at the following adress:http://www.nurseryeducationonline.com/images/summer-holiday-curric.jpg


***Just a note, the picture from my previous post was found at:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.freeprintablecoloringpages.net/samples/Circus_And_Carnival/Tightrope_Walker.png&imgrefurl=http://www.freeprintablecoloringpages.net/showcover/Circus_And_Carnival/Tightrope_Walker/&usg=__-LQ-ajkwIHk6hrHguv4rGhsG1_M=&h=300&w=300&sz=10&hl=en&start=9&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=jeiZbsiapZ14gM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtightrope%2Bwalker%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*%26rlz%3D1I7GGLG_en%26tbs%3Disch:1

No comments:

Post a Comment