Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tennis...


This week was the first week we had practice for the 2010 girls tennis team, and let me just say that it got off to a bumpy start.
Ever since the end of last season I’ve been playing tennis an average of three times a week. With all that time I committed to getting better at tennis, you would think that I would have improved a lot since last year, and my coach assures me that I have, but this week of practice made me feel like every hour I have practiced since last year was a waste of time.
I’m not sure if its been the transition from playing indoor tennis all year to suddenly playing outside, contending with all of the elements, but it’s just been a really difficult and frustrating week. I got so frustrated with myself that I contemplated quitting tennis, and not playing during the season at all. Now, the idea of quitting tennis is in the back of my mind, but I know I would probably never follow through with something like that. Quitting tennis would mean that I have wasted a good portion of the past nine years of my life.
While my coach assures me that things will get better, this week really made me reconsider whether or not I wanted to pursue with tennis in college. So now, I really don’t know what to do in regards to college searching.


***picture taken from the following address: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/lulugirl896/question-mark-737667.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment