Sunday, December 6, 2009

Have you ever wondered if you could be really talented at something you’ve never tried before? I have. Sometimes when I hear about little John Smith winning first place in his accordion competition, or Jane Doe taking the gold in motocross, I cant help but wonder if I might be any good at some of the more different activities our world has to offer. Sure, I’ve tried more than my fair share of musical instruments and sports, before realizing which ones I wanted to pursue with, but in trying out all these different things, most of them were pretty “normal” (for lack of a better word). Sometimes I wonder if there is a world-class speed skater, or kick boxer somewhere inside of me. But really, with all of the different sports and musical instruments and other activities there are out there, it could be very hard to determine which you are meant to be doing.



It’s situations like the one from the video that make me wonder if I might be any good at something I’ve never tried before. But where do people go about finding a teacher to learn how to play the bagpipes? I think in a lot of situations, where a person lives, or rather, who lives in their surrounding area, makes one of the biggest contributions to what a person will try out, and how successful that person will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment