Sunday, September 13, 2009

         As of now, I have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life.  Even as I typed that sentence, it sounded a bit over-dramatic, but even if it is, the statement is still true, I have no idea what I want to spend the rest of my life doing.  

         When I was younger I would go through phases where I would have a dream job in mind, and that would be the job I wanted to have when I got older.  Some such phases consisted of when I wanted to be a famous actress, a chef, a lawyer, an interior designer, a successful business woman, and I even went through a phase, (as I am sure most kids do) when I wanted to be an opera singer.  I look back at this list of jobs, and I hold little to no desire to pursue in some of these career paths, however, I still haven't given up on some of these potential jobs, I love art, so maybe I will pursue a career in interior design, but I also like math, so maybe I would enjoy being a business major.  My problem is that there are so many job opportunities these days, and I am by nature, a very indecisive person, so when I think of all the jobs there are to choose from, I can't help but feel overwhelmed, because after all, I am trying to find a job that I can be happy with for the rest of my life!  One reason I think I feel so indecisive about a career path is that it’s such a big decision, and I want to be sure that I make the right one.

         Now that I have reached the half-way point of my high school education, I can’t help but feel pressured to hurry and narrow down the long list of potential jobs I could have, after all, I’ll hopefully be in college in two years, and will need to decide on a major shortly after that.  Sometimes I when I talk to my friends about long-term goals, they tell me what their life’s ambitions are, and they sound so sure of it: “oh I’m going to be a doctor” or “I’m going to ISU because they have a good veterinarian program” or “I know that I want to be an interior designer” and I cant help but feel envious of them, because they are so sure of what they want to do with their lives.  

         So in the hopes of narrowing down my list of potential jobs, I plan on reading online articles about a wide variety of jobs, and using this blog to write about the different jobs I read about, and whether or not those particular jobs are something that interest me.

Tata for now,

 

S.M

No comments:

Post a Comment