Saturday, January 23, 2010

Class Schedule

This week was the start of the agonizingly stressful process of signing up for classes for another year of school. I hate signing up for classes, and signing up for next year’s classes is proving to be particularly tricky. The past three years, which class to sign up for has been pretty obvious. This year however, I am finding a particularly hard time trying to decide what class to take for each subject area.
Senior year. I can either choose to take regular classes, and take it easy my last year of high school, or I can push myself to take harder classes. This is proving to be a fairly difficult decision to make, because on the one hand, I would like to take things easy next year, and not have to stress out about homework and AP exams, but on the other hand, I think I might feel really lazy taking classes that aren’t very challenging. The only thing I relish about signing up for classes this year is the fact that next year I wont have to sign up for anymore high school courses!
Another problem I am having with choosing which courses I should sign up for is the fact that I have no idea what I want to major in, and what type of career I want to pursue. If I had a better idea of what I want to mo later in life, choosing courses would be a lot easier, because I would simply sign up for courses that correlate with what I want to major in. But because I am very undecided in what I want to do later in my life, I am having a much harder time trying to decide what classes to take next year!
It also doesn’t help my decision making process much that my high school has tons of courses to choose from. I have so many options for classes next year, that choosing each individual course for each individual subject area is a nightmare for indecisive people like me.
Check it out at this web address, this link has a list of all the classes offered at my high school.

http://www.kenn.cr.k12.ia.us/academics/coursedescrip/2009-10CourseListingDepartment.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment