Sunday, October 4, 2009

         After completing the online job survey, and receiving my ACT results in the mail, I feel as though I have reached a dead end.  I was hoping that the online survey would give me a brilliant job suggestion, and I would find myself saying, “Of course! that is the perfect job for me! I can’t believe I didn’t come up with it myself!”  But after looking through my results, no such thought came to mind.  And even though I said I wouldn’t let my ACT scores effect what I majored in, I can’t help but wonder whether or not I should do something with science. 

         Recently, I have been thinking about becoming an engineer.  I hadn’t decided what kind of engineer; I just thought that maybe being an engineer would be interesting.  The Online survey I took even gave me a few specific suggestions on different types of engineers I might be interested in becoming.  I thought about looking up an article about engineering for a new post, (and I probably will, eventually) but I was talking to someone about the engineering field, and they told me that engineering can be risky occupation, because you are at the hands of the company you work for, so being laid off as an engineer, they made it sound, is not entirely uncommon.  I haven’t completely decided against becoming an engineer; I just don’t feel too optimistic about this particular work field at the moment.

         I kind of think, that as I eliminate more careers from my mental list of job options, I don’t seem to be adding any more jobs to that same list.  Wow.  I cant believe how undecided I am about what I want to do with my life.

 

~S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment